I am modifying my Peco Code 100 Electrofrog turnouts so that the power through the point isn’t reliant on the point blades making contact with the stock rails. This also involves being able to switch the polarity of the frog. Having decided how I am going to do this, it is time to put theory into practice.
I started by removing enough of the plastic sleepers on the back of the turnout to reveal the underside of the rails. I did this by carefully using a cutting disc in my rotary tool. This side of the turnout is now ready for wiring.
Next, I turned the point over and cut through both closure rails with the cutting disc again. This isolates the frog electrically from the rest of the point.
Working on the back of the turnout again, I soldered the wiring in place. The frog is wired at (A) and the rail feeds are wired to both the stock rail and closure rail at (B) and (C).