The other day I started to question why I haven’t made much progress on the new layout. Of course the obvious factors, like having to start again and time constraints, play a part but it struck me that this wasn’t the whole story.
I had got so far with the old static layout and now I was contemplating a modular, almost fremo approach. I think the problem is that I am missing having something set up that I can can just go and tinker with. In other words, a static layout.
So, I’ve decided on a compromise approach. I’m going to keep the module format but permanently assemble them in place. This way I’ve got a permanent layout, but one that could be disassembled and removed from the loft if necessary.
What I needed to end the hold up was something to hold up the layout. I’m installing supports to carry the modules, which can then be fixed in place.
Of course the whole track plan, etc. will have to be revisited again, but I’m no stranger to that. At least now I can think about wiring things up and running engines again. Something I couldn’t enthuse about when it was just a module.