While I’m wait for track to glue, I might as well find something else to glue. Hence, I have cut some MDF pieces to create the walls around the river bridges. I will clad these with a stone finish and top them with coping stones.
I keep fitting in odd jobs while I’m waiting for other progress to finish gluing or drying. This time it’s the turn of the landscaping around ‘Crossdale Tunnel’ and the ‘Greenwater Road Tunnel’. First I added a small piece of MDF where before there had been a hole. Then polystyrene was shaped and laminated to form a rough cliff face.
No Trolls under this bridge, unless you count grumpy old me. Nothing to be grumpy about though. In fact, I quite enjoyed bringing ‘Road Bridge 1’ to life with a bit of colour. Much more colour and weathering to add yet, of course.
I’m feeling my way into the painting of this stone work, because it will probably set the method and tones for all the other stone work to follow. I just don’t want any billy goats messing thing up.
I’ve succumbed at last, and switched to cork for the trackbed. Well, if you can’t beat them, join them. The polystyrene insulation experiment wasn’t that successful, I found.
Anyway, the last push for track completion has begun, by gluing cork underlay to the ‘Limestone Edge’ incline. There has also been another modest step with the landscaping around these parts. Onwards and upwards.
Where the ‘Crossdale Tunnel’ breaks out of the cliff face, I have now glued the laser engraved tunnel portal, which I laminated together back in September. It just needs a bit of touching up and some texture adding now.